Connect science, art, and writing with this specific fun and desert that is easy writing prompt for small children! Select an animal that lives into the desert habitat. Then punch “stars” on the outline to generate a constellation. Encourage children to publish a sentence about the animal constellation they selected in buy essay their sky night.
I don’t know about your children, but my son wants to make constellations, aka holes in paper. We tape them in our window to allow the lights shine through. The stars inside the pictures “glow” like the real night time sky. Similar to the farmers, poets, and astronomers made up stories in regards to the pictures they saw made out of stars, he too wants to make up stories.
Today, we connected the love in making holes in paper with this desert themed learning activities. Affiliate Links to products.
Constellation : A constellation is a made-up picture by stringing together starts within the sky. Way back when farmers used them to tell seasons. Even more well known constellations are just visible during specific times of the entire year.
Desert : A desert is an certain area of land that gets little to no rainfall. You can find limited plants and animals that may survive during these harsh living conditions.
Are you able to look on a globe or map of the world and find a desert?
- Blue or construction paper that is black
- Desert animals printed or drawn
- Sharp pencil (some trained teachers use thumb tacks)
- Foam or cork board
- Strips of paper or printed sentences.
Directions for Desert Animal Writing Prompt
- Read books in regards to the desert and talk in regards to the animals that will survive.tarantula, desert tortoise, rattlesnake, hawk, desert fox, scorpion, camel, and insects.
- Explain that the children can establish a constellation in their nighttime sky. Read more